Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Proverbs Challenge

For the past few weeks in church the messages have all been from the book of Proverbs.  Honestly, it is a book that I had never really paid attention to.  Looking back I am surprised by all the information that is in there or maybe I am also surprised that I didn't know what it was all about.  

Anyway, last week the Minister that gave the message.  He said that is father suggested to him as a boy to read the book of Proverbs.  He said he did it and it had a big effect on him.  He suggested that we do the same.  He advised that we should read a chapter a day for a month (Proverbs has 31 chapters).  Each day we should pick a verse that really speaks to us, write it down, and meditate on it for the day.

Today is day one of my Proverbs challenge.  I have convinced several of my friends to take the same challenge.  That way we can all read and hold each other accountable if only for a month.  Plus at least for me, it gets me reading the bible outside of church, which is something that I have been trying to do for awhile.

So my reason for writing this is to encourage you all to do the same.  So who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!