Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

You're a Jerk




Wah, wah wah wah wah "You're a jerk!"
Why you trippin? I ain't even do nuttin "You're a jerk!"
"You're a jerk!" I'm a jerk? You ain't never lie
But ay, do me a favor, call me jerk one more time
"You're a jerk!" (I know) "You're a jerk!" (I know)
"You're a jerk!" (I know) "You're a jerk!" (Ay, ay)
"You're a jerk!" (I know) "You're a jerk!" (I know)
"You're a jerk!" (I know) "You're a jerk!" (Ay, ay)
"You're a jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk" (Jerky)
"Jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk" (Jerky)
"Jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk" (Jerky)
"Jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk" (Jerky)

--- New Boyz "You're a Jerk"


I'm tired of dealing with jerks!  This weekend I was out with my mom.  I was kind of tired, and tired of being out with her all day.  I decided to kill some time by hanging out at  one of my favorite places, the bookstore.  I figured it would be a good time to do some research for this blog so I picked up a few dating books.  My favorite was Are All Guys Assholes?  by Amber Madison.  The premise of the book was to say that not all guys are not assholes, but instead guys are more softer creatures than we think and are just trying to keep up appearances because of the roles that society has created for them.

Now while I was reading this book I thought that the premise of guys not being assholes, or who I would like to start calling jerks, was malarkey (thanks VP Biden for forever adding this word to my vocabulary).  Let me back up.  I certainly do not think that all guys are jerks.  But I think that a majority are.  

While I was reading this I began thinking about the jerks that are in my life.  I can't certainly blame it all on them.  No, it is my fault for repeatedly letting them back in my life.  But honestly, why am I getting irritated and annoyed with someone that I am not married to, or even dating?  To quote Sweet Brown,"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

What makes them jerks?  To me jerks are the ones who seem to really only care about themselves.  They might act like you mean something to them, but in the end they only care about you enough for what they can use you as and then when they is over they are over, over you.

So I think about these jerks.  I think about the good times that we had and I forget about all the other times when they were jerks.  I contact them, or let them contact me thinking that we can be friends and that maybe it will be nice to have a friend around.  NO they are not friends of mine.  It is time for me to get wise and let go.  The only jerk I want to have is jerk chicken, not jerky friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!