Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weight Loss Update

Hello folks!  It has been awhile since I have talked about my weight less journey.  Since I am sitting at home because of the snow I thought that today would be a good day!

A lot has happened since my last update.  Becoming a Better Me was my last post on the subject.  Looking back on it is funny how life is a cycle.  I had another "break up" with the same guy (this time permanent).  But the difference is, I didn't have to re-focus on my health and fitness, because I have never lost focus!

I feel more determined than I have in years.  I feel as determined in the point of my life when I lost 70 lbs.  And I am well on my way to that goal again.  I have been going to Weight Watchers every week.  Even if I can't stay for the meeting I weigh in.  I even go on those days when I know I have gained.  Why?  Because it holds myself accountable and it acts like a fresh start for the week.  The truth is, when I go to weigh in my "bad" weeks are never as bad as I had imagined.  I also have still been going to the gym.  You know you are a gym rat when you recognize the same people everyday.  My goal is still to go everyday but I average 5-6 days a week.  I still go bright and early in the mornings, although it is a struggle waking up when it is this colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra (excuse my midwestern slang).

However I am not perfect.  I LOVE FOOD!  And because I love food I sometimes make the wrong choices.  I have some stomach issues so sometimes the food I love does not love me back.  That's why I have been doing a 10 day green smoothie cleanse.  Today I am on day 7.  Let me tell you something, it hasn't been easy.  The first few days I had plenty of headaches and I was tired.  The good thing is I haven't been hungry.  And now that I am near the finish line I am glad that I tried it and didn't give up.  The only hard part is not having food other than apples, nuts, and hard boiled eggs.  I miss spices.  I miss flavor.  Sometimes I just miss chewing.  But I am close to the end.  I have already dropped a few pounds and will have dropped a few more just in time for my bestie's birthday festivities.  We are actually doing the cleanse together.  It definitely helps to have a friend during this.  I mean I survived Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras without eating.  Maybe that was a good thing haha.

I didn't do this cleanse to loose weight.  I really wanted to try it to restart my body.  I want to make better choices when I eat and focus more on clean eating with occasional splurges.  It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been impossible.  But I can't wait to eat real food soon haha.

So I am proud to report that I am down a total of 26 lbs as of Saturday!  My clothes are getting looser.  Way too loose actually.  I feel my stamina and strength increasing everyday.  But most importantly I feel good.  I feel happy to spend an hour or so a day focusing on my and my health and not feeling guilty about it.  I can't wait to wear a bikini for the summer (too ambitious?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!