Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I am not my degree

Excuse the fact that I have more typos than usual. I have decided to start writing some posts as they come to me since many readers have been requesting more frequent posts (you know who you are). So I am writing this from my phone! Gotta love technology right?

Anyway I just want to say for the record I am not my degree! I am tired of guys assuming that I act or think a certain way because I have a juris doctorate. I have started thinking about it more as I have been dating again.

If you know anything about me, while I am proud of earning my degrees, my degrees do not define the type of person I am. I don't look down at others who didn't go to college and above. I don't think college is for everyone. As long as you make me laugh and we can carry on a decent conversation that's all I really want.

Please don't assume that because I am an attorney that I am going to be stuck up. Also don't think that I am making big bucks. Lord know that's the furthest from the truth!

If you don't want to be judged merely at the surface level why would you judge me based on my degree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!