Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dating Part 1

I really almost called this part two because it is a continuation from the last post, but I will just call it part 1 for now.  I am sure that there will be many parts to come lol.

So a few days ago (Wednesday), I get a really nice text message from an unknown number.  It said something to the effect of, "I was just thinking about you.  I hope your day is as beautiful as you."  My reply, "Thanks, who is this?".

So a little back story...I am a number deleter.  I will delete numbers quickly and frequently.  In my mind it is an out of sight out of mind thing.  Meaning, that if I don't have that person's number in my phone then I don't think about them and I won't contact them.  I am the kind of person that will contact just about anyone to pass the time.  As I get older, I have realized that not everyone is entitled to my attention.

Back to the story... He told me his name.  I had kind of guessed it was him.  He then proceeds to ask me when we could hang out so said Saturday.  He ended the text conversation by saying that he would call me later that evening about our plans.  So the time is 4:38 pm on Saturday.  Of course this fool never called me nor have I heard from him since Wednesday.  And I had the feeling he was going to be sketchy anyway, hence why I had deleted his number in the first place.  But why am annoyed?  I had met this guy once and he was ok.  I can't say that I was particularly attracted to him, but he seemed like a nice enough guy.  My friend had a really good point when she said that I shouldn't bother with people I am not interested in just because I am bored.

And maybe, just maybe, God really does want me to be single. I mean every guy that is a potential prospect is being pushed out of my life one way or the other.  I guess it is time to listen...

2 comments:

  1. I do the number deleting thing too. For me- it keeps my life a little lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I knew that I wasn't the only one haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!