Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

You never know when your life will be turned upside down.  I am sure no one ever thought that Hurricane Sandy would have created the devastation that it did to the East Coast.   It is even crazier for me to imagine because I was in New York and Atlantic City this weekend.  To see such a drastic change in a few days I cannot even believe.

How do you prepare for an event that will change you life?  Can you prepare for it?  And what do you do once your life is is changed?   Seeing pictures of the "City that Never Sleeps" at a standstill is a jarring image.  But for every disturbing image it makes me smile and shed a tear for the sense of community that a tragedy can bring together.  People are opening their homes, their wallets, and their hearts to assist others.

Right now all of the little things that I was complaining about are trivial.  Right now I am blessed for the things that I do have, for the people that I have taken for granted.  And I thank God for reminding me that no day is promised to us.  I thank God for reminding us all that what we think that we "own" is not ours, but his.  Blessings and prayers to all the families that were affected by Hurricane Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!