Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Am Thankful For

Today is Pre-Thanksgiving.  With all the hustle and the bustle of tomorrow, I thought I would take a few minutes to share what I am thankful for.

Next month will mark the two year anniversary of not having full time employment.  I never imagined that I would ever be in this type of situation.  Two years ago when I saw the stories of the unemployed I never thought I would be one of them.  At the very least, I felt that my unemployment stretch would be a short one,  however, it has been far from that.  Despite all of this, I am thankful for this period of my life.  I have grown stronger than I knew that I was possible.  I have become more humble and I have learned what it feels like to really be limited.  I have also learned that while money is important there is no comparison for happiness.  Each day marks a new step toward finding my own happiness and becoming a better person.  Between temporary jobs and my part time job, I have been able to explore this.

I am writing this post because I am waiting for my mom to get home from the senior center.  And as I was waiting I realized, although this is not the first realization, that despite all of the stress and heartache that comes with having a mother with MS, I love her with all my heart.  I cannot imagine her not being in my life.  Even though sometimes I could do without her waking me up before my alarm goes off, or her begging me to buy her Mega Millions and Powerball tickets, or even having her dig her nails into my skin as she holds on to my arm as she is walking, she is truly a blessing in my life.  I think that I persevere because I know that I am the person who she relies on and looks up to.  I know that with my Dad gone, that he would expect no less from me.

I am also thankful for the rest of my family.  We are not like Martin, and we do not all just get along all the time, but that's ok.  We all have different personalities and different backgrounds.  However, the one real thing about my family is that in the end we all come together and put aside our differences when it is needed.  I probably do not always show my love and thankfulness as much as I should sometimes, but that is a work in progress.

My friends are the world to me.  I really am blessed to have some of the greatest friends ever.  We have been through thick and thin.  My friends are like my own sisters and brothers.   I love them so much.  I appreciate you listening to me and dealing with my ever changing moods.  Thank you for correcting me when I am wrong and allowing me to voice my opinion whether you want to hear it or not.  You guys are awesome and I don't tell you that enough.

Finally I want to thank you...all two of you that read this lol j/k.  I know it is more like 20.  Thank you for letting me get some stuff off of my chest.  I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others and learning that other people agree with some of the things that I am thinking too.  I hope that will continue to grow in learn in your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!