Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

When One Door Closes

I think the saying is "when one door closes another door opens."  This is a statement that I have always believed in theory but not in practice I guess.  But perhaps I should have, because things always end up working out in that way right?

Here is an update on what seems like my never ending drama with my ex.  It has been over three weeks since our meeting that never took place and a little over two weeks since I sent my response to is apology email.  I have not contacted my ex AT ALL, not as he contacted me.  Even though he has still been on my mind, I have no desire to actually reach out to him, and I am feeling pretty good about it.

Much to my surprise closing the door on my ex has actually opened the door to some new people.  In fact, I actually went out on a date this week.  It was nice and he is nice.  I won't go into further detail because I don't want to jinx anything but it is definitely nice to get out there again, even if it is for one good date.  Now I feel like I have been meeting other new people as well.  I even recognized that I have been able to go places and hang out with people in the past that would have caused tension for me because of my ex.  I now have this renewed feeling that I will not end up being the cat lady.

For the past few weeks I have been thinking about the impending holidays and realizing that I will not be sharing it with my ex.  For so many years I had longed to have someone to kiss when the ball dropped and four two year I had that.  Realizing that I wouldn't be doing the same this year made me feel anxious, sad, and hell I am still contemplating taking a Tylenol PM and sleeping through New Year's.  However, I am also a little bit excited to start 2013 fresh full of new possibilities (which I will write about more next week).

So before I retire to bed since I work at an inhumane hour tomorrow, let me toast my bottle of water to closing old doors and opening new ones!  Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!