Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Midpoint Check In

Today is June 30, the last day of June.  June/July kind of strike a midway point to the year.  I think going into July it would be a good time for me to reflect on the year so far and maybe adjust some goals in the past.

GOOD:

To begin with I think my relationship with my mother has improved.  Although she drives me nuts A LOT, I think that our relationship has grown.  I have tried to incorporate her more in activities that I do with my friends.  I guess it is killing two birds with one stone that way.  My friends don't seem to mind having girl time with "Miss Bonnie" so I appreciate that.  I can only hope that our relationship continues to grow from here.

I have been working pretty consistently.  That also means that I am getting more control over my finances.  No more do I have to duck calls from unknown numbers, or known numbers for that matter.  Even in the few instances when I am not working it seems like I have been staying pretty busy.

My social life has remained active.  I have been hanging out with my friends regularly.  I have even gone on a few dates, of course nothing has panned out.  However, I have been putting myself out there.  In that regard, I also officially officially stopped communicating with my ex.  I even decided not to contact him on his birthday.  To you it might seem like a small feat, but for me it is a big deal.

I have been getting along with my family better.  I think it is partially because I am working more.  That means that I am home less.  I just try to stay out of the confrontation zone and it seems to be working out pretty well.  I even took a big step towards the healing process by making my family dinner to eat for when they arrived home from their family vacation.  They seemed to appreciate it so that made me happy.

BAD

While my health routines started off the year pretty well, I have hit a downward spiral.  I have not going to been going to the gym for the past few weeks.  As far as eating goes, it has been no holding back.  Anything and everything has touched my lips the past few weeks.  The scale is slowly reaping the rewards :(

Spiritually this started off on a good note.  I still go to church regularly.  But at some point I started my quest to start reading the bible.  I have not joined the church yet, even though I have been taking about that for months.  Also, I have not looked into doing further ministry work.

While I have been working consistently my job search has dwindled.  Blame it on the long hours, blame it on the busy schedule, either way I have not been doing a great job.  I have gotten no more interviews recently, just rejection letters, boo!

I think I haven't done enough to pamper myself.  I did get my hair done a few weeks before, but that is not enough.  I am need for a mani/pedi, a massage, and some new clothes.  At least one of those will be happening soon (I hope).

GOAL FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR:

I want to start off July by focusing back on myself and the things that really matter to me.  I have decided that I am going to get back to my normal health and fitness routines.  Therefore today is like the last supper for me, and that means it is involving crabs!

I am going to re-focus on my job search.  If there was one thing thing that I learned I am definitely ready for my own place.  If I get my own place I need steady income.  Therefore, it is really time to get this job search into high gear.

I also want to get back into doing things that make me happy, even if that means doing it alone, even it means that other people have to wait.  The other day I went to a wine bar by myself to blow off some steam, and I had a great time.  I love to read and sit by the pool, and I have not done this year.  I think that I really need to schedule in the time to do things that make me happy and stop feeling bad for doing it.

So what is on your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!