Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Right to Remain Silent



You may not have noticed this but I can be a little bit opinionated.  I might not have an opinion about everything, but when I do have an opinion most of the time it is strong. Over the past year I have realized that maybe my opinion doesn't always matter.  In fact, maybe I just need to remain silent.

Of course everyone has opinions.  I never feel like I am being malicious when I am sharing my own, but I realize that some of my friends feel attacked with my expressions.  I mean only to help people with my words of wisdom that maybe I am harming them.

Therefore, I have decided to keep things to myself.  I am going to keep my opinions, my experiences, my thoughts to myself.  While it sounds like it is in retaliation it really isn't.  I want to work on being a better person.  I think that I need to work more on the art of listening and less on inserting my opinions on others.

I told my friend jokingly earlier in the week that things were easier when I thought I was perfect.  The truth is that I never thought that I was perfect, but I didn't realize the extent of my imperfection.  So on my quest to better myself I will choose to remain silent personally.  Don't worry, I will keep blogging though.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!