Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Smile

Hello devoted readers!  I am sorry for my absence but it has been a busy April indeed.  I would also like to give a shout out to all my readers not from the U.S.  I don't know how you found my little site but please get comfy and stay for awhile...and tell your friends :)

Over the past few weeks I have found myself smiling more than ever.  And I am not talking about a half  smile, you know the obligatory smile instead of saying hello.  No, I mean a huge smile with teeth, almost as if I am laughing while I am smiling.  I am not sure why.  I guess I have just been happy.  There have been a lot of positive things happening for me recently and I guess my face just shows it.

The funny thing I have learned about smiling is conversely how many people don't smile. Even funnier is how many people feel awkward when you are smiling at first.  Yes may look at you like you are crazy or just an idiot, but in my experience most people eventually warm up and smile back. I think smiles are contagious.  Honestly, how can you not smile back at someone?  That's just plain rude!  Perhaps someone was having a terrible day and with my warm smile for maybe just a second they felt a little bit better.  How much of a better place would we have if we gave out smiles freely instead of drugs and guns?

So I suggest you try out my social experiment today.  Smile and see what happens.  You might just make someone else's day :)

Follow me on Twitter @thisisDiMo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!