Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Waiting On God

Have you immediately walked into church and started getting teary-eyed?  Yeah that was me this morning.  You can say what you want about God and about churches and about the institution of religion in general.  But when I step into church and the choir is singing and I am brought to tears on that first note alone, there is a spirit in the air that no one can explain to me, except being from God.  When the first tear fell, I knew that this was going to be a sermon that I should listen to.  I was right.  Today's sermon was Waiting on God, and it couldn't come at a better time.

We are constantly waiting for something.  We wait on our friends who are always late.  We wait for our food to be ready while we are at a restaurant.  I wait for my mom to get out of bathroom so I can pee before my bladder explodes.  We will even wait in line for a new pair of sneakers or to save a few bucks on a tv that is probably bigger than anyone really needs.  Yet, how often do we really find ourselves waiting on God?

I have always thought I had the answers.  I felt like my decisions were right.  My beliefs were in check so good things would always happen to me.  I work hard and I will be rewarded for this work.  Life is as simple as that, right?  Not exactly.  Well, not at all.  There are a lot of things that I am waiting for.  I feel like I am always on the cusp of something new and exciting about to happen in my life.  Right when I feel like finally done waiting and I am ready to receive reality sinks in.

Today's sermon reminded me of something very important.  God works on his own timetable.  As much as we want to speed up this process, it is a process.  While in the process we need to become comfortable with ourselves, comfortable with God, and remain faithful that God keeps is promises.  Sometimes in the process things might even get worse while we are waiting.  Sometimes a situation might get worse before it gets better.  In the end though, what we had to go through to get to the other side is well worth the wait.

I just have to remember all this.  I need to really believe what I am typing to you all because it is hard.  Because I get tired!  I get tired of waiting to be in love.  I get tired of waiting for the job of my dreams.  I get tired of watching my mom get worse everyday.  I get tired of waiting to figure out when I can stop worrying about paying my bills everyday.  But I will still wait and I will waiting faithfully.  Because God has really seen my through some doozies earlier so I have been blessed by the power of this work.

So today I am waiting on God, patiently and while I am waiting for it to stop snowing so mom and I get grab some dinner lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!