Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Reason For the Madness


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28


I know that when I am going through something there is no way that I want to look at the positive of the situation.  Most of the times I want to wallow in misery, and gnaw on the feeling that things will never get better and I will be stuck in the same situation forever.  Well I should say I allow myself to feel like this for maybe a few minutes, hours, or a day at most and that I force myself to wake up and get out of it!  Why?  Because I know that there is a reason that I am experience my suffering, that it won't last forever, and that I will be on the other side soon.

Just because we are Christians doesn't mean that we don't go through our own struggles.  I am might not know all of the bible, but I can pretty much guarantee that there is no passage that says, "If you believe in Jesus you will never suffer, or have pain, and all of you days will be worry-free and will also smell like roses."

I am on Day 25 of The Purpose Driven Life.  In today's passage the author writes about how are darkest circumstances often bring us closer to God.  This is a premise that I totally agree with.  A few days before I started writing this blog and trying to figure out my purpose in life, I talked to one of my friends on the phone.  We have been friends since law school and still remain in touch despite our distance.  Although we don't talk every day when we do talk it is like we are picking up right where we left off.  So our most recent chat really opened up my eyes.  She told me that with all this free time I have by not having a job why not work on your relationship with God?  She did have a valid point.  All these YEARS I have been putting on my list read the bible, go to church, blah blah blah and I never really did anything more than what I was doing before.  In fact it is number 7 on my 2012 New Year's Resolution List!

I also know that whenever I am going throw a dark period it does cause me to pray more and thank God more.  This is because each time I go through something I remember how God brought me to the other side. I mean it doesn't mean I like being broke, sick, heartbroken or whatever, that would make me crazy!  But I know that this is just one more test that will make me stronger and well prepared for the future.  

So according to the book," there is a purpose behind every problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!