Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

What Are Your Dreams?

Today is a day of dreams.  Look at my horoscope:

Virgo (August 23-September 22): There is a great big world out there waiting for you to take it over, so don’t think in small quantities. If you want it all, have the imagination to see it. Don’t let anyone talk you out of a bigger dream, especially if it’s you playing your own devil’s advocate. Sure, there are scary turns ahead, but that goes without saying. Besides, there is no such thing as 100 percent guaranteed.  (Courtesy of www.thefrisky.com)

All this thinking about dreams and figuring out my purpose in life made me wonder what other's dream is.    Learning what someone's dream is says a lot about the kind of person that they are.  It also can let you see if their lives are in align with their dream and if they are working towards that dream.

Yesterday, I wrote about surrounding yourself with encouragers.  I know that I am blessed enough that I have many encouragers around me.  I know that when I put my mind to something that my friends are there to support.  I also know that if it is not a great idea my friends will be there as well.  That is what friends are supposed to do for each other right?  So why don't we all work to try to encourage our friends to reach their dreams?

I asked some of my friends the following question:  What do you want to do?  What is your big dream?  Some of the comments were not surprising, while some of them were.  Some people had no idea what I was talking about or thought that had no dream at all.  I thought I would post them here.  There is something kind of liberating about communicating your dream to someone else.  It is when you write it or when you speak it, the dream becomes one more step to becoming tangible.

So if you have a dream don't be scared and don't hide.  Feel free to share it below or even just tell one person that you know.  We all have dreams.  So let's go after them!



I really would like to have children, so a husband would be nice.  

To be a counselor for kids

Something that helps people to have more confidence and believe in themselves again.

Professionally I honestly don't know now. It was always to be a corporate lawyer/in-house counsel. now that I'm doing what I thought I wanted to do, this isn't it. lol so I'm re-calibrating


I want to be a great husband and father, make a ton of money, and position myself politically.  I do not have to be a politician however, I do want to have influence

I just wanna be out of debt and try meaningful cases.



I'm going to be a teacher!!! Either HS or community college!


Hmm... Currently it is to move to NYC. Do a combination of comedic writing and environmental work. While consciously realizing that it would only be a stop gap for pleasure. Long term goal is to live every day without giving a f



Shoot. I want to be a great locker with lots of great friends and enough financial independence from a job to do whatever I want


                                                        Hit the lotto and live in Japan



Be a successful actor.  And be known well enough to be able to make a difference in society.  I really want a family.

I want to write a book...I want to see it in bookstores. I also want to teach writing.Oh, and I'd like to live in another country at some point or at least do some extensive traveling with the boys oh...and I want to own my dream house.yeah...I've got dreams for days. :)



I want to be able to grow old and watch my children have children that's my big dream lol


All I want is a comfortable life where I have no financial burdens, I get to spend time with my kid and my man (lol) and I get 2 travel the world. My only dream is for inner peace. Oh and I'd love to write a screenplay or own my own business. 




Produce television shows and documentaries. Also, build up my free legal clinic in Cincinnati and make it a year round operation.  Oh yeah...most definitely want to be comfortable too! Also want to travel often and make enough to take care of my parents.



Well. Of course I want a family 2-3 healthy children with a committed monogamous husband.  I am not really particular on where we live but in a good school district.  I want to be happy my career but still able to work in the community whether its about education or mental health.  I want an imperfect life with friends, family and just enough drama and pain to make me appreciate all I hope to be blessed with I want a church family like I had in Philadelphia and have weekends free for life.I want to feel peace most days of my life and to know that I've lived without regrets. Think that Sums up my big dreams



I don't do big dreams. That leads to disappointment and I think that is precisely what is wrong with so many people in this country. And then they become all depressed, disillusioned, and upset with how their life has turned out. I just want to enjoy my life. Live and die happy and fulfilled is all I care about. I have ambitions, but at the end of the day I just want to be able to say I enjoyed my life, which includes traveling.



I would get paid to travel and explore new places. But really I don't think I want to work for anyone. I would wanna start my own consulting firm and tell wealthy people how to spend their money on helping people. I just know I get so much satisfaction out of helping others. I feel like I have a bigger purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!