Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shred Diet

As you may remember one of my goals was to exercise at least three times a week and lose at least one pound a week.  We are in the beginning of March and I have been rather inconsistent with both of those goals.  But do not fret I have not given up.

Being that I am on my unpaid vacation right now, I figured that it was a great time to start something new.  I mean don't they say that it only takes 21 days to form a habit?  Now is the time to form new good habits.  A Few days ago I started Dr. Ian Smith's Shred Diet.  Dr. Ian is the doctor that was on celebrity fit club.  He is not the mean personal trainer that was or maybe is still dating Kimberly Locke, he's the other black guy.  Sorry, I don't know how else to describe him.  After seeing Steve Harvey tweet about it, and after reading the book at a chance stop at the book store I decided that when March rolled around that I was going to try it out.  According to the book, "Shred the Revolutionary Diet" in six weeks I am supposed to lose 4 inches and 2 sizes.  What's the there to lose right?

How does it work?  The book is a six week cycle.  Each cycle has a different theme with different purposes.  The book is an attempt at diet confusion.  It is kind of like muscle confusion except with food. Instead of having 3 big meals a day I now have 4 smaller meals and snacks in between.  I am basically eating every few hours   The book is like having a nutritionist living with you.  It tells you what time to eat and gives you a choice of things that you can eat.  It is pretty easy.  And I haven't been hungry at all.  If anything I have been trying to get to the used to eating constantly.  And I find myself not wanting to eat outside of the plan either, at least for now.  I know I will probably be craving something bad soon enough lol.  And as a former Weight Watchers protege, I have been tracking my calories so far.  Despite eating like crazy, the amount of calories consumed is less than 1500 (More like between 1200-1400) a day.

In addition to the food he also stresses the important of exercise.  The book also suggests exercising five times a week.  There are instructions for how many minutes of cardio and what type of exercises to do, and even sometimes the time to workout as well.

Today is day four and I am already seeing some results.  Here's to six weeks of fun :)  If anyone else has tried it or wants to try it let me know.  I would love to find Shred buddies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to share this page with your friends!